Youth Engagement in Court Proceedings Subcommittee
In recognition of the importance of inclusion of children and youth in proceedings that impact their lives, the Supreme Court of Ohio Advisory Committee on Children and Families gave the following charge to the Subcommittee on Responding to Child Abuse, Neglect, and Dependency: "Promote expanded and more effective youth engagement in court proceedings."
A workgroup of the Subcommittee spent over a year studying and discussing ways to support Ohio's courts in engaging youth who are involved in child protection proceedings.This work culminated in a recommendation to the Advisory Committee to approve the implementation of an online toolkit to be offered by the Supreme Court of Ohio to aid courts in engaging children and youth in proceedings in their own cases.
Juvenile Court Trauma-Informed Practices
Prepared by the Supreme Court of Ohio’s Children and Families Section in collaboration with its Advisory Committee on Children and Families.
- Youth Engagement in Court Proceeding Toolkit
- Youth Engagement in Court Proceedings Toolkit Table of Contents
- Youth Engagement in Court Proceedings Model Rule
- Youth Engagement in Court Proceedings Tips for Youth in Court
- Youth Engagement in Court Proceedings Recommendation
- Ohio and Federal Law and Policy
- Youth Developed Discharge Form
- Youth Discharge Form Resource Guide